Monday, July 13, 2009

new vow

well- i have a new vow i am taking. i will explain it in a bit. first let me tell you how this new "vow" came about. as many of you know, a few weeks ago, i attended two different funerals. although they were very different, there was one thing that was common in them both. journaling. i never realized how much journaling can mean to the loved ones left behind. i know the church talks about journaling, but i guess i never really thought about it. i have always tried to journal, but something always gets in the way. well not anymore. i am going to try to keep a journal daily for myself and the kids. i thought it was so amazing that T had little snip its to read at Sadie's celebration of life. And my friends father has years of journals to read & get to know his son in a different light. what a blessing! I started a journal for sterling when i was pregnant with him. sad that i haven't written in it for 6 years. i have a lot of catching up to do! but- i figure if i can keep a daily one, then it will be easy to update the blog at least weekly with kid updates :) so here is the first update!!

Reagan is now 2 months old! time flies by! it seems like just yesterday she was kicking me in the ribs & now she is smiling at me. she has started to recognize our faces. it is my favorite when i talk to her & she looks in my eyes with her big blue eyes and smiles at me. she has also started to coo & makes lots of noises. she is standing a little bit....don't get too excited, it is only for about 10 seconds, bt of course i think she is a baby genius since she can do this. and just the other day she found her hands. it is amazing how quickly they develop these little "tricks & talents" as daddy & i like to call them.

sterling is growing like a weed! we took him to the doctor the other day & he is now 4 feet 1 3/4 inches tall & 57 pounds! FINALLY the kid has gained some weight. many of you know that he is my tall skinny kid!! he still amazes me with some of the things he says. the other day he told me that he wants to trade reagan hands. when i asked why, he replied, "because mommy. her little hands are so precious & i want to keep them forever." so sweet. he loves his little sister. then the other dad, nana took him swimming at grandma dana's. he has finally started to go underwater (thank heavens). anywho- my mom was showing him how to jump off the diving board, and when she came up for air, he looked at her & said, "that's my girl." seriously- i am not sure where he comes up with some of the things he says. sterling has also started taekwondo. he had his first tournament this weekend. it was cute. i took some video so if i can figure out how to get it uploaded i will. he has only been going for about 4 weeks but is doing pretty good. he is great at saying "yes sir" to his instructor..now if i could only get him to do that at home!! ha ha! he looks precious in his little gee. i think that is how you spell it!

as for dave & i, we are doing good. i started going back to work last week. only part time, but it was still hard. today dave & reagan met me for lunch. bad idea. how am i suppose to go back to work after holding my little girl at lunch? it was rough. i made him come hang out with me at the office for a little bit before they headed home. we still have a few midnight feedings so i am a little sleep deprived. but all in all reagan is a great baby. i am so blessed to have good, healthy children.

so- look forward to my weekly & random posts. i will get some more pics updated soon! and please, if you see me slipping with my new journaling vow, please call me out on it! help keep me in line! love to you all!

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Great goal to have! I like reading the updates.

Mackenzie said...

Hey! So glad you are doing well! We miss you greatly.

Cara said...

Nicole, I didn't know you had a blog! Now I have another friend to stalk! I love your engagement pictures at the bottom of your blog, you look so good! We need to get together soon for lunch or something, it's been way too long and I need to see your little one. Glad you are doing well. Love ya