Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Disneyland Half Marathon



























So as some of you know, I took on the challenge of running the Disneyland half Marathon on August 31st. I got talked into doing it by my cousin Kenzie. She is a Disneyland freak and I though, "what the heck...it is the happiest place on earth right!" So I started training for it. Little did I know that I would get engaged (to the most wonderful man in the world might i add) in the middle of training!! Silly Colie! Anyways- so i basically took 8 weeks off from running....however, the family still drove to Cali on the 28th and i prepared for the marathon.
Sterling had his own little race on Saturday the 30th. It was adorable! All these little kids doing a 200 meter dash. I will have to add his pictures later. (i still have to order them. we didn't get a good shot because there were too many people and it was hard to see him over the crowd).

On Sunday, Kenzie and I ran our race. 13.1 miles! what a challenge. As many of you know, I love to cycle, not run. So the fact that I signed up & actually finished the race was a huge accomplishment. Yes, I will even admit when I crossed the finish line, I had a tear in my eye. I couldn't beleive that I, Nicole Burleigh, had finished the race! I was so proud of myself & Kenzie!

So after the marathon, we decided to brave Disneyland & California Adventure all day. Yes, after running 13.1 miles, I walked Disneyland until 9pm that night! Talk about being sore! I am still not sure who had more fun on the rides....Dave or Sterling! It was so much fun and we got some great pictures. I think one of our favorite rides was Soaring Over California. It is amazing. If you ever go to California Adventure, make sure you hit that ride! We went on a ride called Great Rapids ( I think that is the name) and I am not sure what happened but all I know is I was SOAKED and Dave somehow stayed dry!! Although I was soaked, it kept me cool :) Sterling met a lot of the characters, but I think Pluto was his favorite. We figured out where to stand so when the characters were trying to get away, we ambushed them!! On some it workes, others just ran by...

So our first Burleigh Family trip was amazing! we have so many great memories from the trip! I hope you all enjoy the pictures!!

Love- Cole




2 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Holy smokes! Nice work Colie!

brian and thera tolman said...

Congrats on the half marathon! That is a great acomplishment. You guys look like you had a blast! Can't wait for the reception!