Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mesa Questions


Where does the snow go, when it comes down?

Why doesn't it fall in this God-forsaken town?

How does the wind blow, and how does it rain?

Who gives us pleasure, and who gives us pain?


Why are we happy, and why are we sad?

Who makes us grateful, and what makes us glad?

How do we laugh, and how do we cry?

Who makes us live, and who makes us die?


Why are we here today, gone tomorrow?

How do we live one day with happiness, the next with sorrow?

What makes us play games with the heart?

How do we miss a chance, before one shall depart?


Why do we forsake those we love?

Is there a hell, a heaven above?

These are the questions, of answers I don't see,

But one final question, who brought you to me?


Dave Burleigh

Copyright 2001

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, thanks for letting me be part of this happy time for both of you. Amazing to find Dave has my favorite name ..... Nicholas, my family name, good name. Looking forward to the 9th and the glorious days ahead. Much success and love to both of you
Gram

Cole said...

i can't wait to marry you! i love you :) and you do make me smile all over my face!!!